A review of the accomplishments and plans of the NOAA by Panel on the NOAA Coastal Ocean Program, Ocean Studies
By Panel on the NOAA Coastal Ocean Program, Ocean Studies Board, Commission on Geosciences, Environment, and Resources, National Research Council.
Read or Download A review of the accomplishments and plans of the NOAA Coastal Ocean Program (1994) PDF
Best applied mathematicsematics books
Development powerful, responsive, groups is likely one of the key components in placing your agency prior to its opponents. So why do many groups fail to carry to their actual power? the answer's that even if the dedication and the need to be triumphant exist, hidden pitfalls lay in wait to foil the simplest intentions of managers and crew leaders.
- Taxation, Incomplete Markets, and Social Security (Munich Lectures) (Munich Lectures in Economics)
- The Complete Book of Insurance (Sphinx Legal)
- Workflow-Supported Invoice Management: The Case of a System Implementation at a German Media Company
- Peuples du monde, Unissez-vous dans la lutte pour l'interdiction complete et la destruction totale des armes nucleaires
Additional info for A review of the accomplishments and plans of the NOAA Coastal Ocean Program (1994)
COASTAL FISHERIES ECOSYSTEMS 24 the CFE theme with an emphasis on utility and applications of research (COPR, 1992; NOAA, 1993c). COP is planning to commission a subsequent review of the utility of its research. When CFE was initiated in FY 1990, requests for concept papers were widely advertized (COP, 1990; 1991a; NOAA, 1991). The desirability of NOAA-academic partnerships was emphasized in the request for proposals. Several concept papers were received by NCOPO (NOAA, 1991) and were reviewed by the CFE TAC.
2. 3. 4. 5. 6. Refine estimates of diet composition and intake of key predators. Estimate predation mortality rates of prerecruit cod and haddock. Refine estimates of gastric evacuation rates of key predators. Determine functional feeding responses and selectivity of key predators. Examine importance of compensatory mechanisms in haddock and cod. Evaluate how above factors influence the form of stock-recruitment models. The panel endorses the ambitious goals and objectives of the Georges Bank program.
Species interactions, particularly trophic relationships, are elements of research in each of the funded programs. Other aspects of species interactions, including complex behavioral or habitat-mediated interactions, could be included in the future because they also can have important consequences for population regulation. The panel believes that the CFE goal and objectives are relevant to NOAA's mission as elaborated in the NOAA strategic plan (NOAA, 1993a). Although suitable now, CFE's goal and objectives should be examined periodically to insure that they retain their relevance, permit innovative and rigorous research within available budgets, and allow new concepts or ideas to evolve.