By Simon St. Laurent, Edd Dumbill, Eric J. Gruber
If you’re an internet developer or fashion designer able to examine Rails, this distinctive e-book is the proper method to start.
Rather than throw you into the center of the framework’s Model-View-Controller structure, Learning Rails 3 works from the surface in. You’ll commence with the principles of the internet , and easy methods to create whatever seen with Rails’ view layer. Then you’ll take on the more challenging internal layers: the database versions and controller code.
All you want to start is HTML adventure. each one bankruptcy comprises routines and overview inquiries to try your realizing as you go.
- Present content material by way of development an software with a uncomplicated view and an easy controller
- Build types and procedure their effects, progressing from easy to extra complex
- Connect varieties to versions via constructing a database, and create code that maps to database structures
- Use Rails scaffolding to construct purposes from a view-centric perspective
- Add universal net software parts equivalent to periods, cookies, and authentication
- Build functions that mix information from a number of tables
- Send and obtain e-mail messages out of your applications
"Learning Rails 3 appears like a brisk pair programming consultation with execs who understand how to take advantage of Ruby on Rails to get issues performed, and get them performed well."
-Alan Harris, writer of Sinatra: Up and Running