Linear Programming and Algorithms for Communication Networks: A Practical Guide to Network Design, Control, and Management
By Eiji Oki
Explaining tips on how to practice to mathematical programming to community layout and keep an eye on, Linear Programming and Algorithms for conversation Networks: a realistic consultant to community layout, keep watch over, and administration fills the space among mathematical programming idea and its implementation in verbal exchange networks. From the fundamentals all through to extra complicated techniques, its entire assurance offers readers with an excellent starting place in mathematical programming for communique networks.
Addressing optimization difficulties for conversation networks, together with the shortest course challenge, max move challenge, and minimum-cost movement challenge, the booklet covers the basics of linear programming and integer linear programming required to deal with a variety of difficulties. It additionally:
• Examines a number of difficulties on discovering disjoint paths for trustworthy communications
• Addresses optimization difficulties in optical wavelength-routed networks
• Describes a number of routing innovations for maximizing community usage for numerous traffic-demand models
• Considers routing difficulties in net Protocol (IP) networks
• provides mathematical puzzles that may be tackled by way of integer linear programming (ILP)
Using the GNU Linear Programming equipment (GLPK) package deal, that's designed for fixing linear programming and combined integer programming difficulties, it explains usual difficulties and gives recommendations for communique networks. The e-book presents algorithms for those difficulties in addition to important examples with demonstrations. when you achieve an knowing of the way to unravel LP difficulties for verbal exchange networks utilizing the GLPK descriptions during this publication, additionally, you will be capable to simply observe your wisdom to different solvers.